jueves, 29 de octubre de 2015

What's art for me?



If we are going to talk about art, I automatically think in music, and if you ask me which object of my house represent art, for me is my violin. Why? For many reasons, first is the physical aspects. When you see a violin, you see it as a whole, as an instrument, as an object, just at it is, and is perfect, at least to me. Then you go further, you see each part individually. The curves of its body, the waist, the size and shape of the neck, the detailed construction of the fine tuner, the beautiful scroll that the peg box has, and so on. Every part separately is made to be a piece of art, but when you put them together, to make an instrument, everything fits like it’s supposed to. One of the parts that I love of the violin is the bridge. In guitars, the bridge is fixed to the body. In the violin the bridge is only attached by the tension of the strings and that is art for me, how everything works. Only when you already see the violin as art itself, you can talk about its music. The violin makes one of the most wonderful sounds in the world, and its music continues through time as one of the oldest and richest music culture of our society. That’s art for me.

5 comentarios:

  1. I really liked your entry, you're right , music is an art. I can see that you feel much passion for musical instruments , especially the violin .
    You should take it to the next class and delight us with their melodious sounds :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. haha thanks cata, but im still learning how to play it. Believe me, hearing me playing won't be a delight

      Eliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. i think the violin is an art too, in my opinion it is the instrument that has many element that made it an art. like you said, the curves, and each element it made with very detail.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Diego,

    Excellent piece, you made your point very clearly and the reader could feel the emotion involved when describing your violin. Congrats.
    Please pay attention to the following obs:

    I automatically think OF music,

    which object of my house representS art, for me IT is my violin.

    first IT is the physical aspect(s).

    Just at it is, and IT is perfect,

    Cheers,

    ResponderEliminar